If you’re anything like me, then you probably like changing your wallpaper periodically to keep your iPhone’s appearance looking fresh over time. On the other hand, finding the right wallpaper can be a long and daunting task for many.
Here to help with this dilemma is a newly-released jailbreak tweak called BingDaily Cydia Tweak by iOS developer, which aims to automatically replace your handset’s wallpaper on a designated time cycle such as that it’s always changing throughout the day.
As you’ll know further BingDaily Cydia Tweak can be used to change your wallpaper every morning, afternoon, evening, and night with a new image from a source of your choice. The tweak even uses a darkened banner to let you know when it was recently changed, which we think is a nice touch.
BingDaily Cydia Tweak
BingDaily automatically changes your wallpaper daily. You can grab this tweak for free for your iPhone or iPad.
Also, there are a couple more options at the bottom of the tweak’s settings panel, which let you further customize the wallpapers that are downloaded and what the tweak does with them.
First, you can select which screens you would like the wallpapers to be applied to; assembly, the home screen, the lock screen, and both screens will all be options within this panel. You can also select which Bing region you would like to download from, with the default being the “Worldwide” site.
How Bingdaily Works
BingDaily Cydia tweak downloads the Daily wallpaper from Bing and sets it as your wallpaper. Dutch developer Gewoon Dani develops it.
Here’s how it looks like in action.
- It changes your wallpaper on-the-fly without any intervention on your part. You will receive a push notification whenever it applies to a new background.
- Once you install it on your device, it will change your wallpaper instantaneously. There’s no need to configure the various options present in its Settings section.
- However, if you want more control over the images it uses, you should play around with its Settings and choose what the best is for you.
Here’s the complete list of options that you can modify.
Enabled (on) – Enables or disables the functionality of the tweak.
Save to Photos (off) – Saves the Daily Bing wallpaper image files to your camera roll. Disable this option unless you want to reapply older wallpaper.
Random wallpaper (on) – It applies to wallpaper a chance in the last eight days. Disable this option if you want to stay on the latest wallpaper every day.
Notification (on) – Sends a push notification with information about the image, as shown above.
Blur Wallpaper (on) – Adds a blur effect to your wallpapers. You can adjust the amount of blur added using the slider below.
Manual Update – Replaces your background with a new image. You must restart Springboard to ensure that the changes take effect.
Here, you can:
- Choose the zoom type of wallpaper you want
- Resize the image to fit your screen type
- Display a notification when the wallpaper updates
- Configure a custom image blur
- Set a morning image calendar
- Set an image program in the afternoon
- Configure an evening image calendar
- Configure a night image program
- Choose if the wallpaper is random for the lock screen, home screen or both
- Configure a tradition wallpaper filter to meet your criteria concern
- Wallpaper on-demand with randomize strength
- Configure Activator gesture to change your wallpaper
Download Bingdaily Cydia Tweak
If you are into theming and setups, this tweak is definitely worth an install. Everything looks good and works well except for its tacky preferences section.
Moreover, it’s an excellent replacement for DailyPaper that no longer supports iOS 11 and above versions.
The developer provides a respiring button at the top right of the interface such that you can save any changes you make to the preference pane. It is recommended that you use this button after every adjustment to ensure that it gets kept. Will you be installing Bingdaily Cydia Tweak for an improved wallpaper customization experience on iOS?