If you are an Apple phone user then you must have already suffered from the problems that Apple has imposed upon their phone and, more specifically on their users. You cannot bring in any new changes on your iDevice which is not permitted by Apple guidelines. If you want to be free from this shackle then you need to jailbreak your device.
The process is proceeded by the Sn0wbreeze app. It is a tool that helps the users to jailbreak the iDevices like iPhone, iPad and iPod. The version the device runs on should be iOS 5 or 6. Later maybe the versions like iOS 7 will be supported by this tweak.
However, when you plan to use any new tweak, it is better to follow the direction and advice of the developer of that tweak, unless you want your device to remove the tweak or deactivate it after you forcefully install it. So let’s get some more information about Sn0wbreeze other than, it is a useful and helpful programme, and pretty easy to use.
There are various modes of this app. These are described below:
- iFaith: if you want to create a custom IPSW that contains previously saved SHSH blobs, then you can select it.
- Simple: to create the custom pre-Jailbreak IPSW without selecting any option for customization you can choose this mode.
- Expert: to see the options for customizing the jailbreak before your custom jailbroken IPSW is created you can check this mode. You have the opportunity to select the setting for the root partition and set pre-selected packages.
- Baseband preservation: if you want to upgrade your device to the latest firmware version but do not wish to upgrade your baseband, then use this mode. The phone will not be jailbroken in this process.
- General: the regular customization option like enabling batter percentage, hacktivating the iPhone or installing SSH can be done in this mode. Also, you can set the root partition size in it.
- Unlocks: if your phone runs on baseband version, can be unlocked with software, then you can avail this mode. However, there are very few such baseband versions, so this mode will remain unavailable to most users.
- Custom boot logos: if you apply this to your iPhone, then the section will appear on your device. This option is there to replace the default Apple logo which appears on after you reboot the iPhone or iPad.
- Custom packages: this section is there to provide you with pre-installed Cydia packages. The packages will automatically be installed on the iDevice. You will have the opportunity to browse through the repositories and then add external ones.
- Build IPSW: your custom firmware will begin to be created by clicking on this section.
Downloading SnowBreeze and working process:
To use Sn0wbreeze you need to start from downloading this on your PC. Ensure that it has Windows 8 and .net framework 3.5, as this will help run the app.
- Now you can download the IPSW file from the iOS service.
- Next, you have to connect the iDevice to the PC and then open Sn0wbreeze.
- You will see an arrow at the bottom of the screen. Click on it and go to Browse for an IPSW option.
- You will see a file that has been downloaded, click on that.
- The verification will take some time. wait until it is done and then click on Finish.
- Check on Simple mode.
- Now your screen will show you the option that if you want your iPhone to activate. If you are using Ultrasn0w or some other unlock tool then click on Yes. Or else if your device is factory unlocked or carrying any official carrier, then select No.
- The creation of IPSW by Sn0wbreeze will take a few minutes, wait until then.
- You will be able to see IPSW at the home screen when the process will be finished.
- Now you can place your device on Pwned DFU by following the on-screen instructions. Follow thoroughly until you are successful.
- Now you have to open iTunes to see the Device in Recovery Mode message.
- Click on Restore while holding the SHIFT or ALT key pressed. Then search for IPSW and click on it.
- Wait for some time until the device is restored and rebooted. Cydia will be installed.
- As this is a tethered jailbreak, you will find iBooty folder on your desktop. You have to boot the device into a jailbroken state.
- So launch iBooty, and choose your device.
- Click on Start and follow the rest directions.
- Your device will be set of DFU mode.
After the process is finished, you will have the device running on Cydia. Sn0wbreeze is a free download for Windows 10 PCs, and it smoothly works on Windows 7 and 8 as well.